General Fund Eligibility
Use the following checklist and guidelines to check your eligibility. If you answer “yes” to all the questions in the checklist below and you have also considered the guidelines listed below, you are eligible to apply to the General Fund.
|1. Will your project/initiative contribute to one of our key goals below?
||Yes / No|
|2. If your organisation is part of a national structure, are you the national office?||Yes / No|
|3. If you have received a grant from the Todd Foundation before, is the project complete and have you completed all reporting requirements?||Yes / No|
|4. Have you checked that your funding is NOT one of the following excluded purposes? We do not fund:
||Yes / No|
Additional Guidelines to consider:
- we do not generally make grants to individuals
- we do not generally make grants to individual schools, after school programmes, early childhood centres or toy libraries, nor do we usually fund external providers delivering within schools
- we do not fund the promotion of religious belief, and rarely fund the promotion of a message rather than a service
- we generally prefer to fund initiatives that are available nationally or in more than one region, and regional organisations who are part of a national structure should apply through their national office. We do however consider some regional initiatives, particularly those with potential to be used more widely or innovative initiatives from high need areas where funding is harder to find
- you can apply for up to 3 years, but we seldom commit to funding a project for more than two years in this funding stream
- we seldom fund organisations that are not a charitable trust or incorporated society or on the way to becoming one
- we do not normally support projects that would be considered part of the Government’s social contract responsibilities or are clear candidates for corporate sponsorship
- where appropriate, we are interested in proposals that demonstrate collaboration and cooperation between organisations and/or where learnings and resources are made available more widely
- we are particularly interested in applications aimed at one of our six current target areas: Vulnerable Families; Community Development; Early Childhood and Children’s Education; Disabled Children; Cultural Understanding and Inclusion; Talented and Gifted Students; Youth Education, Training, Employment and Transitions
- If you have answered “Yes” to all the questions in the above checklist and have also considered the guidelines above then we would be interested in hearing from you; see our General Fund Applications page for instructions and forms. If you don’t meet our guidelines, you might like to check the Funding Information Service to search for other funding agencies.