Publications and Learning
Download our annual report here or contact us and we will mail you a copy.
- Download 2011 Annual Report 1.6MB
- Download 2010 Annual Report 636KB
- Download 2009 Annual Report 1.3 MB
- Download 2008 Annual Report 636KB
- Download 2007 Annual Report 836KB
- Download 2006 Annual Report 707KB
- Download 2005 Annual Report 1.1MB
- Download 2004 Annual Report 2.3MB
The Todd Foundation periodically sends a newsletter to grantees and anyone else interested – download the latest newsletter.
Research and Other Documents
- Presentation to the Philanthropy New Zealand Conference 2013 about our 5-year Partnership Funding Scheme: (April 2013) Exploring how we are trying to better catalyse positive social change – and along the way takes a hard look at the compliance costs to community organisations of funding practices
- From Kitchen Table to Legislative Chamber: Reflections on Todd Foundation Partnership Funding: (March 2013) Read our reflections on the Todd Foundation’s 5-year funding stream and the approach taken by our recipients for creating change for children
- Social enterprise and social finance in NZ with case studies: (July 2012) Review our summary of Social Enterprise and Social Finance and read the stories of three NZ social enterprises
- Directions and Trends in Philanthropy (April 2012) View a presentation given to the NZCCSS Future Wellbeing Conference in Auckland
- Post Earthquake Canterbury (May 2011) Read our research on the situation and needs of Christchurch following the earthquakes.
- Todd Foundation Applicant Survey Results (October 2010). How well are we working with funding applicants – both successful and unsuccessful? Here are the full results of the online survey undertaken for us by Garth Nowland Foreman earlier this year; only names have been removed. Overall we seem to be generally on the right track and appreciate the feedback for where to improve.
- Todd Foundation Social Policy Briefings (August 2010). A brief and authoritative summary of Aotearoa – New Zealand”s social landscape prepared for the Todd Foundation”s strategic review by Garth Nowland Foreman.
- John Todd’s speech to the Philanthropy NZ conference (March 2009). Read our chairman‚Äôs story of philanthropy as presented to the 2009 Philanthropy NZ conference.
- A funder’s view of fund-raising: (November 2008) We are not experts on fund-raising, but here a some thoughts and tips about writing funding proposals which you may find useful.
- Disabilities Learning Circle (November 2007). This document summarises advice from a small group of Todd Foundation grantees on what they are learning, their vision for people who experience disability, and how funders can help.
- Out of School Provision for Talented and Gifted Students (May 2007). This Massey University research by Professor Tracy Riley looked at what is currently available in NZ for talented and gifted students outside the classroom and what the key funding gaps appear to be. A database of organisations providing programmes for talented and gifted students is also available on the Massey University web site.
- Skills Development Focus Group: (February 2007). This document summarises a focus group held to consider how best to support young people who leave school without qualifications to develop the skills they need, find their first job and then succeed at that job.