We provide funding and support to organisations based in Aotearoa New Zealand that add to our vision of:
Inclusive communities where all families, children and young people can thrive and contribute.
To achieve this vision our goals are to:
- Support families and communities to provide safe and nurturing environments for children
- Assist children and families to participate actively in learning, particularly in the early years
- Help young people to develop their potential and to contribute fully in the community
- Support for selected social, economic, environmental & cultural issues through proactive funding. Youth Employment is our focus in 2017 and 2018.
To meet our vision and goals, we are moving to a proactive funding model that’s strongly focused on building long term social change. Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for funding. Read more here
How we work
The way we give is important, with people coming first. The following is our commitment to community organisations:
- We will respect and appreciate your commitment to making a difference
- We will listen and learn
- We will have regard to the principles of protection, partnership and participation embodied in the Treaty of Waitangi
- We will provide open and honest advice and feedback when requested
- We appreciate and value your feedback for how we can improve
- Our aim is to work together to change lives for the better